1. Spend the day at Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum. Get a glimpse of history and walk in the footsteps of sailors and officers aboard the USS Yorktown aircraft carrier.
2. Visit the only Sea Turtle Hospital in South Carolina. See current patients up close and learn about the remarkable care that is provided for endangered turtles.
3. Catch a fish at the Mt. Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park. Run around the open park, stop at the gift shop, and grab a milkshake to celebrate a fun day for the whole family.
4. Explore the first stop for Charleston settlers at Charles Towne Landing. Run under the oak trees and see animals that once inhabited the Charleston area such as bison, puma, and black bear.
6. Jump around at Sky Zone Charleston. Open jump or dodge ball, let the kids get all of their energy out at Charleston’s indoor trampoline park.
7. Discover an uninhabited island. Catch a glimpse of a dolphin when you take the kids to explore one of the best family beaches in South Carolina.
8. Kids can learn how to cook a feast. Charleston Cooks! offers classes for kids of all ages throughout the summer.
9. It’s summer – let ’em run through the fountain. Waterfront Park is Charleston’s version of running through the sprinkler.
10. Take the kids to the Charleston Children’s Museum. This interactive museum is perfect for toddlers and young children.
Enjoy all of Charleston’s wonders with the Family Fun Package at the Kings Courtyard Inn. The Family Fun Package includes a two night, three day stay, tickets to your choice of the South Carolina Aquarium or Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, a tour of downtown by carriage ride, and a day of exploration at either the Charleston Museum of Children’s Museum. Visit us online, or call 800-845-6119 to book this package.